The objectives of the undergraduate engineering program in the Department of Civil Engineering are
- To provide a basic understanding of engineering principles.
- To prepare students for engineering practice.
- To prepare students for enhanced service to the society.
- To produce graduates that will adhere to the Engineering Code of Ethics which states in part that “Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of their professional duties”.
MISSION AND GOALS
The mission of NAU’s Department of Civil Engineering is to provide high quality learning experiences for students and life-long education for practicing professionals, and to develop and disseminate new knowledge to meet the engineering and construction need of our country Nigeria.
The general goals of the undergraduate degree program are:
- Achievement of a high level of technical competence.
- Preparation for the engineering and construction professions.
- Development of an educated view of the world.
- Preparation for life-long learning.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION OF CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
1. DEPARTMENT CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION
The programme is administered in the same way, whereby the head of Department is in charge of Academic and Administrative duties. The Academic duties are sub divided into five core course area